Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Me time!

OK enough screaming. Here's a funny story I was reminded of by the fact that I had some 'me time' today. (I went to the hairdressers for highlights - three hours of adult conversation and pampering - bliss!)

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.......


My friend, Ella, at choir is married with three delightful, if boisterous, children and works part-time as a university lecturer. A few months back she realised that her husband was arriving home from work, making a coffee and then hiding in the study for half an hour each day while she fed the children. When she asked what was going he said he needed a little 'me-time' after work.

(You know what's coming don't you?)

She exploded and yelled,

"You are a father. The only 'me-time' you get is driving to and from work. If you want more me-time, DRIVE SLOWER!!"

4 comments:

echoeve said...

I love it.
Sometimes guys just don't get it do they

Sass E-mum said...

Ha! I offer to keep Ellie up so that Richard can see her when he gets home. He always says, 'no that's fine. She'll be tired.'

Wonder what he really means?

SaraLynn said...

LOL...THAT is great!!!!!!

Sass E-mum said...

By the way - I've given you an award. It's for all the advance warning your are giving me!