Sunday, 6 April 2008

It's all about meme

I've been tagged by the lovely Mother of This Lot. I've actually done one similar to this by e-mail recently, but if the blogging world wants to know more about Working Mum then I'll oblige:

What was I doing ten years ago?

Well, I married in '93 and daughter arrived in '04 so the intervening years were a bit of a DINKY blur. I think in '98 I went to Ireland with the choir to take part in a choral competition and later on husband and I went on holiday to Mexico. (I wanted to go to Egypt to see pyramids, but the Foreign Office wouldn't let us so I went to Mexico to see pyramids instead, I think it was a much better choice!)

5 Snacks I enjoy
  1. Chocolate biscuits
  2. Chocolate cakes
  3. Chocolate bars
  4. Chocolate brownies
  5. Chocolate icecream
(see a theme emerging here?)

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
  1. Pay someone to finish doing up the house!
  2. Give some to Marie Curie Cancer Care (they looked after my grandad)
  3. Buy a Mini Cooper (daughter and I love them!)
Not a lot really, I think a few thousand would do the trick.

Five jobs that I have had
  1. Barmaid (several times from age of 18)
  2. Avon representative (whilst in sixth form at school, earning money whilst getting cheaper cosmetics, perfect!)
  3. Checkout girl in Woolies (Christmas job in toy department, huge fun!)
  4. Playworker for local council (grossly overworked and underpaid student job)
  5. Teacher (still at it)

Three of my bad habits
  1. Biting my nails
  2. Wanting my books in height order (see 20 March post)
  3. Thinking I only have two bad habits
Five places I have lived
  1. Manchester
  2. New York
  3. Paris
  4. Kowloon, HK
  5. Hull
(OK, three of them are in my dreams, but which?)

Five people I want to know more about
  1. Scrappy Sue
  2. Jakelliesmom
  3. Saralynn
  4. Sarah of St Bloggie de Riviere
  5. The Mom Bomb
Apologies if you've already done this one and no pressure if you don't want to. I'm typically Englishly reserved about this tagging lark!

5 comments:

Reluctant Housewife said...

I never want to tag people either. Lately, most of the people I've tagged haven't done the meme... only adding to my neurosis. Ah well... I'm Canadianly reserved, though. It's the same except I'm wearing a toque. ;)

I guess you like chocolate, eh? Yeah, me too.

And places you've live... My guess: Manchester and Kowloon, you've live in. The rest - dreams.

Reluctant Housewife said...

I've awarded you a blog of distinction award (maybe you've heard of it ;)... you can get the details at my blog.

Thanks for creating the award - it's great.

the mother of this lot said...

Hull, obviously, is one of your dream locations.

Amanda said...

I'm glad to know someone else openly shares my love of chocolate. Not sure about where you have lived but I am guessing that you have not lived in New York...

SaraLynn said...

cool!
I will get right on that!