Wednesday, 16 April 2008

Gutted!

Before Easter, in my attempt to 'have it all', I applied for a new role at work. Something came up that I had wanted to do for a long time. It wasn't a big role, it wouldn't take a lot of time and it wasn't even a paid position, but I thought I would like it and I would be good at it. I found out today that I hadn't been chosen. Gutted.

Texted husband from work to tell him and he sent such a lovely text back I nearly cried. At work! (Why is it when people are nice to you it makes you cry?) Ah, well. At least I stuck my head above the parapet. Maybe next time.

Got to go and do daughter's homework now. Yes, I know. She's only 3. She has to take in photos of her morning and evening routines, so we've taken the photos and I need to print them off. And we all know homework reflects on the mum, not the child!

8 comments:

Maggie May said...

Sorry you didn't get the job. I'm sure something will show up later.
I like your blog. Thanks for visiting mine!

jakelliesmom said...

Sorry you missed out on the promotion. I hope this means something better is on the horizon for you.

Sass E-mum said...

Enjoy the extra time you have as a result of NOT getting that job. And sit back and watch how the other person gets on. It'll be interesting to see what they do differently and how that works.

I agree with Jakelliesmom. There's something better on the horizon.

At this point I'm thinking of saying something about pesky, sneaky teachers checking up on children's hometime experiences... but you are one (a teacher that is, not...) and we have nothing to hide. I'll shush now.

the mother of this lot said...

I agree with sass-e-mum. You're probably doing too much as it is. Who needs it?

SaraLynn said...

sorry about the job, I agree with everyone, something better will be waiting

homework does reflect on the parents, doesn't it ;)

scrappysue said...

sorry it didn't work out for you. something way better is bound to come up now :) stay positive!

Sarah said...

Homework for three year olds? Whatever next! Like you don't have enough to do in the evening?

Mean Mom said...

You can't win them all, but it's good to register an interest. I'm sure that it's been noted and perhaps another opportunity will arise.

I see what you mean. At 3 years old, homework does require a certain input from mom, sorry mum. I was born in the Black Country, you know. There we said 'mom'. Confusing. It's too late for me to change, now.