Sunday, 20 April 2008

Football Obsessed Husband

Husband is at the football.
Again.
For a change.

(Detect that sarcastic note in my voice, can you?)


So, what is life like with a Football Obsessed Husband?


Meez 3D avatar avatars games
(Yes, I've been at the avatars again, I just can't help myself)

Well, during the football season he:
  1. plays 5-aside on Monday night

  2. has youth team matches on Saturday morning

  3. watches City on Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesday evenings

  4. takes youth team to tournaments around the country

I spend most of the season complaining that I don't see him, he isn't here to help with the house, or with daughter, I have to do everything, etc, etc. Nag, nag, nag!

Now the season is finishing. He will be at home all the time, disrupting our routine, eating things he shouldn't from the fridge, creating clutter, getting under my feet, etc. Nag, nag, nag!


What am I going to do?


Ah wait. I forgot. In summer he turns into :


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


Golf Obsessed Husband!

Problem solved!

6 comments:

Dusty Spider said...

My sympathies. I can't wait for the football season to end. Maybe we'll get out on the boat or in the caravan, you know, do things that retired people are supposed to do. Flick x

Craig said...

...ah but you know he loves you both and at least City won so he'll be in a good mood ;-)

Mean Mom said...

My husband isn't too keen on football, neither was his brother, or father. My father loves football, cricket and other sports, too. 2 of my sons aren't too keen on football, but student son loves sport. He has some great conversations with my dad. Genes are so unpredictable!

Hope you get to spend some time with your husband! A trip out would be good! Here's Hoping for better weather.

auntiegwen said...

Hi, thanks for the visit.
I would play the " I've been left behind card"
he won't know you've enjoyed the peace, bottle of wine/cups of tea/chocolate/full charge of the remote control...

the mother of this lot said...

At least you get a different sport in the summer. In here, everyone just wanders about aimlessly, sighing, waiting for the end of August when the whole thing starts again.

CC said...

My hubby is internet obsessed. All seasons. Not that I'm one to talk......