Friday, 14 March 2008

Thought for the day

Today is Founder's Day at my school so no lessons, just a church service full of suitable pomp and circumstance. The whole school attends to give praise to the Founder and to think about all those who have worked and learned in our esteemed institution over the last 500 years (yes, my school really is that old). I really rather like it and I felt I could manage an hour of sitting and miming hymns (still no voice).

During the service one part resonated with me; the Chaplain's 'Call To Worship'. I'm not a particularly religious person, but I like to think I have a moral compass and a certain amount of spirituality, but I think anyone will agree with these sentiments:

Look to this day for it is the very life of life: for yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision: but today well-lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope



No comments: