Monday, 31 March 2008

Tagged again!

I've been tagged by the lovely reluctant housewife! I feel like a real blogger now; tagged twice and on people's reading lists!

So I'm sitting on the sofa with my husband's laptop (mine is refusing to go wireless) whilst husband and daughter are weeding the back garden (I design, he maintains) so I thought I'd give it a go.

I have to

  1. pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages
  2. turn to page 123
  3. turn to the 5th sentence
  4. post the next 3 sentences
  5. tag 5 more people

So, on the coffee table is 'One to Nine' by Andrew Hodges (yes, I'm still wading through it, although I have gone past page 123). Here are the required sentences:


"You are already familiar with congruence classes (modulo 7) from the days of the week. If the 1st of January is a Wednesday, what is the 30th January? Because 30 is congruent to 2 (modulo 7), the question is the same as asking which day of the week the 2nd of January falls on, which is a Thursday."


Any the wiser? Do you care? All I know is daughter's birthday is a Saturday this year and I've foolishly promised her a party. Why? WHY?

As for five more people, I only know the blogs I like and some of those have already done it so I'll nominate two new ones I've found:

Scrappy Sue at My Home Wellington Town
Potty Mum at The Potty Diaries

plus some old favourites:

Mean Moody Middle-aged Mum - she so makes me laugh
The Mother of this Lot at Mother's Pride - I love everything about her blog, she so deserves an award, perhaps I should nominate her?

and I was going to do Sass e-mum at One Strangely Lush Mother because she reminds me of the fun and wonder of the early days of motherhood (plus she mentioned me in the same sentence as Victoria Beckham) but she's already done it. So I'll stick at four for now. I'm sure these things die a natural death anyway.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow. You are a genius. I can't believe how stupid I am. I didn't get those few sentences, much less a whole book. I stand in awe of you.
Thanks for sharing your name with me. Now we can officially be best blog friends.

Reluctant Housewife said...

Thanks for doing the meme, Working Mum!

Don't worry Amanda - I didn't get it either. I read it a few times and came to the conclusion, "What the heck was that about?"