Sunday, 2 March 2008

Mother's Day

What a pleasant surprise, I've had a nice day! Despite listening to mother-in-law's stories for the fifitieth time (don't the over 70s have any new experiences to talk about?)

Breakfast in bed at 8.45am (a two hour lie-in!) Presents included chocolates and 'Ratatouille' on DVD (I love Disney Pixar) and some homemade cards and presents.

Husband cooked a fab lunch including a homemade fruit pudding with toffee sauce, yum!

Lots of quality time playing with daughter mostly making clothes for cardboard dolls.

No washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning, dishes, tantrums or whinging! (Except for husband whinging about having to bath daughter, but I stood firm)

Finished the day by watching 'Ratatouille' with daughter snuggled up under a blanket. Aaah!

2 comments:

Sass E-mum said...

Ha ha. I've just been reading your ma-in-law comments. They are truely bonkers. Mine is in her 80's. Utterly nuts.

You've got a lovely blog. I'll keep popping back for a look if that's okay. I want to hear more about the singing!

Working mum said...

Thanks. You're blog's fun too (no your daughter doesn't look like Martin Clunes!)
Pop in when you like.
Concert next week I may write about.
All the best!