Friday, 21 March 2008

Good Friday

It's Good Friday, husband has gone to play in an annual football tournament in Liverpool and MIL has taken daughter to church for the Sunday School activity thing. After nearly four years without a minute to myself I get four days in the same week. Amazing!

Have done the washing and ironing and cleaned the kitchen. This is me looking smug in my clean kitchen:
Meez 3D avatar avatars games
.............no, honestly, this is my kitchen! (Well, a much larger version)

If you recall, we are 'doing up the house'. One of the first things we did when we moved in was use our life savings to install a new bathroom and kitchen because the surveyor had condemned the old ones. Here is the old kitchen:


The built-in fridge was a haven of mould and mildew so we used our old one in the garage, the ignition on the hob didn't work because of the build up of food on the rings and the built-in oven was broken so we lived off things we could cook in the microwave until new kitchen was fitted. Ta-dah:


See the resemblance? The kitchen is now the heart of the house. It's where I spend most of my time and where daughter joins me for painting, sticking, writing, colouring and of course, cooking. Yesterday we made cornflake nests for Easter ...

... and this morning we made cards and pictures:


Yes, it's the school holidays and virtuous 50's mum is back!


PS 2.30pm Daughter returned from church after hearing the story of Easter. I asked what she had learned. She said "Jesus is a scarecrow!" (think about it)

10 comments:

SaraLynn said...

I love your new kitchen!! How beautiful!
The Easter baskets are too cute, let me know how you made those.

Thanks for popping over at my place, it is fun seeing new people!
You're welcome to all my recipes ;)

Happy Easter!!

Working mum said...

Thanks for popping in Saralynn.

Cornflake nests are so easy, here's the recipe courtesy of my working mum:
Melt cooking chocolate, stir in cornflakes, spoon into cake cases and top with mini eggs. Refrigerate and then enjoy!

Amanda said...

Those nests did look delicious. I was also suprised by how much your kitchen does look like the avatar kitchen. Wonder how many of those avatar pics you have stored up, now?

scrappysue said...

cute post! love the baking. if u like chocolate (and i see you do!) come visit my blog, i'm hosting an easter giveaway!
http://ngaiosixpack.blogspot.com/2008/03/great-easter-birthday-blogger-giveaway.html

Sass E-mum said...

Virtuous 50s mum indeed. Me - I'm just waiting for Ricarro to get back with the week's shopping. What a lazy mum!

the mother of this lot said...

Happy Easter to all of you!
Love the kitchen!

Sass E-mum said...

Check you out - super mum!

By the way, I've done your meme! But I've changed it to something else. I hope you don't mind.

Kelley said...

Your kitchen is lovely.

I really like those Easter Nests that you made. I've bever done anything like that but I think that they would be a bit hit with my kiddo.

Sass E-mum said...

I thought it polite to let you know I've posted a link to your site from mine; naming you in the same sentence as Victoria Beckham. Obviously.

SaraLynn said...

LOL....I am in YOUR kitchen!
That is funny, they need more kitchen choices I guess;)
Wish my kitchen was this spacious.

The cake was fun but definitely challenging.