So this was my plan:
- Convince my parents that they would like to accompany us on hols to spend quality time with their granddaughter thus halving the work and the cost.
- Book comfy cottage in countryside making sure it has all necessary mod cons - Sky TV, DVD player, dishwasher, etc.
- Organise the meals for the week - each adult cooks one night, eat out one night, take-away one night and one night of cheese and wine thus giving me six nights off!
- I developed yet another cough and cold (WMS) the day we went away and coughed and sneezed so much that eventually husband depositied me outside a chemists' in Bakewell saying "Buy stuff!"
- Made the mistake of taking daughter out of nappies at night two weeks before holiday so spent four nights up at 2am changing sheets.
- Daughter developed tummy bug and spent two days vomiting, necessitating major clean up of cottage. (Why is it when daughter is sick I grab the nearest receptacle, rub her back and mutter calming words while husband stands motionless staring at her as if she is something out of 'The Exorcist'?)
At the end of this fun packed holiday I asked daughter what her best part of her holiday was .........................................." watching CBeebies"