Tuesday, 18 March 2008

Avatar mad!

Since being off work I have found myself strangely drawn to making avatars of myself:

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Bit disappointed I can't put crazy strawberry blonde curls on daughter. Getting quite hooked on finding just the right clothes and glasses. Why don't they have a shell necklace like mine? Why don't they have my little brown ankle boots? Have even contacted meez.com to ask them for a briefcase!
(I blame the mother of this lot- it was her blog that inspired me!)

Until a few weeks ago I didn't even know what an avatar was. Looked it up on Wiki and found that an avatar was, in Hindu philosophy, 'a bodily manifestation of a divine being'. Like the sound of that; divine being. Then discovered 'in computing, a graphical representation of a user' - so now I'm an addict!

Actually there is something of the addictive in this. Wasn't there a TV programme on people whose lives are taken over by their avatars recently? Now, can I find a dress like my choir uniform ..........?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Is there some sort of twelve step program for avataring? I'm your friend and I'm here to help. We should set up an avatar intervention. It is fun. But I felt like it was too hard to make one look like me. Remember my hair needs to be done so my roots are really growing out. I didn't see a 'with roots' option. I can't believe that you e-mailed meez.com about the briefcase. Hilarious.